Slot games are extremely popular and engaging. Let’s eliminate the guesswork and clueless wondering by knowing the nine terminologies of these casino games.
Slots are widely popular among casino players as they are entertaining, engaging, and simple to play. You don’t need remarkable strategies to win. However, if you are someone with no prior experience of playing slot games in an online or land-based casino, you may get confused by the terms used in slot gaming. Being familiar with such terms may help you to play your game to your heart’s content. Also, this will save you from any guesswork or clueless wondering. So, let’s have a look at the top 9 terminologies of slot games that you must know.
- Paylines – If you have played even a single slot game, you may have already come across this term as every slot game has several fixed or adjustable pay lines. If the chosen slot has more pay lines, it is better than others. It can be straight or even zig-zagged.
- RTP – This is an abbreviation for return to player. This is widely used by casinos to indicate the percentage of money that the casinos will pay back to their players. Each slot game has a different RTP. Players mostly choose slots that have high RTPs.
- RNG – This means random number generator is an integral part of all slot games of casinos. However, many don’t have any idea of how it works. It picks a number randomly out of many numbers, and this is not predictable at all. There lies no logic or strategy in choosing a number by the random number generator.
- Free Spins – This refers to an award offered by most online casinos when players play slot games. It is free of charge. In many online casinos, free spins are for new players.
- Multipliers – This is also referred to as an award, but a massive one compared to free spins. Multipliers multiply your win and seem extremely rewarding. You can find some slot games with high multipliers even to the extent of 50 times or more!
- Bonus Rounds – The purpose of this one is to offer some extra opportunities for more winnings. In video slots, bonus rounds are always a highlight.
- Auto Play – It is a common term in online slot gaming. It enables you to play without even hitting the spin button, but only for a fixed number of times.
- Progressive Jackpot – This is a kind of jackpot where the jackpot prize increases progressively. This jackpot continues to expand until someone emerges as a winner of the entire amount. Many casino players love to play progressive jackpots.
- Mobile Slots – As the name suggests, these refer to slot games that you can play on your mobile devices, such as smartphones or tablets. Today, many online casinos like SA Gaming88 have their games optimized for mobile devices as the tech-savvy generation loves to play their favorite slots anywhere, anytime.
Playing online slots is always fun and engaging activity. However, it is not necessary to know the meaning of all these terminologies. You can play in practice mode and gradually learn about these in a phased manner.